Monday, July 7, 2008

Babymoon

Taylor and I have been talking about going on a vacation since we got married but have been too busy. Finally, we decided if we wanted it to happen we had to take any opportunity we saw even if it would be short. Some may call our vacation a babymoon - one last vacation of peace/no worries before baby comes - and although neither of us would like to admit it, that is probably exactly what it was.



Thanks to Shani (we never could have done it if she hadn't let us borrow her car), we headed for Los Angeles, CA after Taylor commissioned and finished a 15 page paper. (Don't worry the paper was submitted with 8 minutes to spare, he didn't procrastinate at all - did he?!?!). We spent one night at my brother's and sister-in-law's (thanks Steve and Sara) in St. George then made the rest of our way to California. After quickly checking into our hotel in a smaller coastal town, Port Hueneme, we headed off to the beach. Now you can see I didn't marry Taylor just for the way he looks in uniform, but also the way he looks in his swimsuit - HOTTIE!




And to be fair to Taylor I will include the picture we have that proves I was at the beach as well. (I dug myself a hole and got to lay on my stomach for the first time in months - it felt VERY nice).



The next day we went to the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library. (I can already hear the laughter - yes this was something we both WANTED to do). The library is more of a museum filled with facts about Reagan's presidency. I enjoyed seeing all of Nancy Reagan's dresses they had on display - many of which are back in style. Most of the visitors were older people who were probably wondering if we were even born when Reagan was president - and the answer is yes, we were 3 years old when he finished his terms of office.



To cap off our trip we went and saw the musical Wicked. Both of us thought it was very clever. I loved the music, Taylor liked the music. I was glad to finally know what all the fuss was about. The next day we drove home. Quick, but definitely worth it.

4 comments:

Brandi said...

I really am so glad that you are posting again. It is so nice to hear all that you guys are doing. Annie you look great. You look great!! I am glad you guys had a fun trip.

Shani said...

First of all, you two are the biggest nerd ever.....definately made for each other. Most people would hit 6 Flags, Disneyland, Sea World, or at least the Jelly Belly factory, but no. Ronald Reagan's Library. Weird, but awesome all at the same time I guess. And secondly, I am glad that someone finds Taylor's tan lines on his arms sexy. Good on ya Annie. Love you two. Glad you had fun!

Moghimi Family said...

If you guys are nerds, so are we. We would go to the Ronald Reagan Library too! We are big "fans" of Ronald Reagan.

Congratulations of the coming baby. When are you due? Keep us posted on your lives. We are glad to get to know your growing little family!

~JoAnn (your cousin-in-law)

jessaveda said...

I just barely got back from seeing Wicked in LA--for the second time. (Mark and I went on our honeymoon in March.) I'm pretty much obsessed. In fact, I am wearing a Wicked t-shirt as we speak.