Thursday, July 10, 2008

4th of July!




This is the first 4th of July that we have had together (Taylor was at a ROTC camp last summer for the 4th). AND, let me tell you, Taylor was a wanted man for this holiday - being a new lieutenant and all. Our day started out with Taylor in Provo's Freedom Festival Parade. He was in charge of walking around with "George Q. Cannon." They would pull people in from the crowd and have them shoot blanks. This picture was taken after the parade - I tried to get one of him during the parade but when he passed me they were behind and ran by so quickly I was lucky I got a video of him on our video camera.
.
After a quick BBQ with my family, we had to be back for Taylor's next round of duties at the Stadium of Fire Concert - which, yes, was featuring Miley Cyrus (I can still hear the high pitched screams of all the 7-year-olds). Taylor had to catch a flag from a skydiver and help with the flag presentation. Then, they had several different Army/National Guard/Reserve people and their families (that meant me!) parade into the stadium to sit on the grass for the rest of the program. Taylor informed me the day before that when parading in we were suppose to carry posters that were patriotic. Even though we have known each other well since High School, apparently Taylor forgot the perfectionist I am when it comes to certain things - and poster making is one of them (I blame it on too many poster projects throughout my K-12 education). ANYWAY, I about drove Taylor crazy asking what the requirements were for the poster - he just kept saying, "I don't know. Put "Go USA" in red, white, and blue." Below is the final product. I ended up being a little embarassed by it when all was said and done - mostly because I was the only wife who actually made a poster among our little group of friends that went to the concert.


After parading in, Blue Man Group opened for Miley Cyrus. We would have been happy if it had been an all Blue Man Group concert - they were both fun to listen to and VERY entertaining. Next came the Miley Cyrus part of the concert - which I'm sorry, but, the only redeeming part was all the cute little seven-year-old girls dancing and singing along. Well, I take that back, I did see a few grown men dancing and singing along too - that was quite entertaining as well. Then came a great fireworks show and the end of a good, but busy holiday.

6 comments:

becca said...

annie and taylor! this is becca foster. i just found your blog via jodee's. how good to see what you two are up to!

Shani said...

FYI- I totally would have also been belting and singing to Miley. "It's the best of both worlds..." Anywhoo, that poster proves that you a scrapbooker at heart Annie. Phenomenal work. When I have kids, I am sending them over to you to help them with their projects!

Brandon and Laura said...

Annie (and Taylor) I love your blog! I'm glad we finally got the address so we can keep up with you...and most importantly see how pregnant Annie is getting! You guys look like you're having a lot of fun! We miss hanging out but we will soon :)
We're working on the blogging thing too so come check us out if you haven't yet. Hightowermansion.blogspot.com
Talk to you soon!

Brandon and Laura said...

Taylor and Annie! Your blog is very nice. I'm glad I can catch up on what is going on in your lives, exciting as usual!(I know that Laura already wrote on here for us, but I'm writing again.) So Taylor, I think maybe you and I should do some kind of man blog where we talk about politics, religion, etc...basically say what is right and wrong with the world from our perspective. I think we both have some youthful wisdom that we can impart. Whaddya think?

Spencers said...

Annie! I can't believe I found your blog! (I hope you don't mind) It is so fun to see what you are up to. CONGRATS with the upcoming little one. You guys will be awesome parents! And it sounds like life has been treating you pretty well. Glad I found your blog!!!!!!!!!!

jessaveda said...

How could you have a blog for so long and I not know about it? I had to find you through a very obscure blog chain. Anyway, I'm glad I can now stalk you through blogger.

I had a weird dream about you the other night. You we're having your baby and your sister in law (the red-headed one) was calling on me to help you. weirdish.

hey hey, keep in touch.