Well it's official, Annie and I are parents. Jeneveve was born on 3 September, 2008 at 10:00 a.m. She weighed 7 lbs. 5 oz. and was 20 inches. Labor is something I definitely am not looking forward to again. Talking your wife through a contraction is not for the faint of heart. Annie says "walking through a contraction is not for the faint of heart." Apparently, "buck up little camper things will get better," is not the thing to say to your wife when she is dilated to an 8 and has not yet received the epidural. The end product was definitely worth the pain, Jeneveve is the most beautiful baby I've ever seen. She slept most of yesterday and is pulling the same stunt today, though she is being good and waking up to feed every few hours. The answer is "No" she doesn't know any tricks yet, but I'm calling off practice until the lump on the crown of her head goes down a little.
P.S. Anesthesiologists have the best job in the world. They show up with their cart of goodies just in the nick of time and dispense happiness to all parties involved. I would liken him to a white knight on a charging stead who kills the pain dragon. Honestly, anyone who can make a contracting mother sleep through contractions is quite the talented individual. Can anyone say "Job Security"?!
5 comments:
Congrats you two. She is a beautiful baby! I love your post Taylor and hope you have learned your lesson about the "little camper comment." Just teasin. I am glad all went well and I can't wait to see her.
Taylor wants me to make sure everyone knows he didn't really say the "little camper" comment. Actually, he very well could have - I don't remember much of what was being said at the time.
I was so glad to here from Kathleen & then to see the pictures..WOW! She is beautiful and great to hear you are all well. Take care & get some rest. You'll need it.
Congrats! She is so sweet! Hope you guys are all recovering well!
p.s. who do you think she looks like?
Congratulations you guys! It sounds like you are adjusting to being parents pretty well. We are really happy for you.
Post a Comment