Wednesday, March 11, 2009

For the Grandmas

We have some Grandmas who are seriously in need of grand baby pictures (well, and an aunt or two who have been calling everyday...Shani). So here is what Jeneveve has been up to this past month that we didn't have the Internet to share pictures.
Grandma Jackie asked if Jeneveve had grown any hair - that inspired this picture. I guess we're still working on that department. After looking at that picture though maybe I'm glad she doesn't have any quite yet.

New tricks? Well, she has discovered her toes and eats them any chance she can - sock and all. She is also pushing up on her arms quite well. Rolled over for the first time yesterday (so what if she is 6 months and now just learning, she has a lot of chub to roll over!). She is learning to sit up quite well. The chub may be helping in that department. I think it may be supporting her a little bit.

She is also teething so this kind of a happy face comes between the fussy moments. Bottom teeth - right one has come in and the left one is slowly making an entrance.




Last but not least she is learning to eat rice cereal. Things have definitely improved since these pictures were taken. Although I think she still may like her toes better.


For those of you who have made it this far I take it you may actually care about us so here are some pictures of our new place as well.


The nicest room we have is probably our living area - mostly because that is where we have some new furniture. We finally bought couches to replace the one we had in Provo that was missing an arm. The bookcase was built by my Dad and brother as a late wedding gift - isn't it phenomenal?

Here is the dining area just across from the living area - hand me down furniture from my parents and I think Melanie by way of my parents.
Kitchen.

Downstairs bath.
Upstairs bath.
Laundry in cement basement.

Cockroach in cement basement.

I didn't take pictures of our rooms. Jeneveve was napping in her crib at the time and our room just has our bed in it (we haven't bought a dresser yet - we just keep the dresser stuff in our suitcases. Make do, do with, or do without - right?!?) There are 3 rooms upstairs. Two good sized ones and a smaller one (Jeneveve's). The one is empty except stuff we are storing. All in all it is a good place. When we first walked in we thought it was a crappy place but now that we have our stuff in it it is becoming more homey. Well, it still may be a little crappy but it is becoming a homey-crappy.

9 comments:

Laura said...

ah I love all the pictures! And I think your living room looks great! not crappy at all :) We miss you guys and seeing that little girl change every day. She's a cutie

Brandi said...

Glad to see things are going well. I love the picture of Evie with hair. She is cutie. I hope you guys are enjoying it there!

Gregory said...

Oh boy, don't you just love early marriage? . . . Homey-crappy is great and your daughter is adorable! HOWEVER, it kinda scares the crap out of me. Babies grow up? I had a talk with Emmalee yesterday and she told me she wouldn't.
Good luck with life in Georgia. Remember, any day that is rough just remind yourself that when you are living in HAWAII Megs and I are living in . . . in Provo!

The Crazy Lady said...

I love the pics - Evie is getting SO BIG!!! I miss you guys! Your apartment is cute - you'll have to give me the info on benning before we go down there... Next JUNE! (grr!)

saramarilee said...

Oh, so sad! She is getting so big! What is your address?

Maybe we'll come visit you--I'm sure you could find room for 7 right?

mark and mel said...

We miss you! And your cute baby! don't you want to come and visit?

Shani said...

Yahoo for the update! Casey and I decided that our favorite picture of her is the one in her pink pajamas sitting on your bed. Love the cute look on her face. I wish I got to see her with everyone else this month. I am very jealous, so please take a million pictures with her and Mickey! And see if your camara does videos so I can see Large Marge be flexible with eating her toes. Casey cannot believe that she can still reach her toes amongst her cute chubby belly. He wants more proof.

The Littlest Moons said...

what a sweet little thing! She is so cute! Your new place looks great. I bet the cement laundry room fills you with the warm fuzzy's! But seriously it looks nice, especially the living room. the book case is phenominal!

Bryce and Cecily said...

It's been 2 1/2 yrs and we don't have a dresser yet? Who needs one?! :)