Monday, June 30, 2008

Taylor's Adventures


Taylor, in red, surrounded by orphans

To finish his last requirement for graduation Taylor went on a study abroad for three weeks, 2 in Mexico and 1 in Guatemala. In Mexico, he did various development projects with the Tarahumara Indians. In Guatemala he built mud stoves, worked in an orphanage, and helped build houses for Habitat for Humanity. When he left he asked me what I wanted as a souvenir, I replied a dress for our baby. He ended up bringing home 3 cute dresses. So either he is setting the standard high or I have trained him well - I ask for one thing he brings home 3. Anyway, from the stories I have heard it was a great experience for him.
.

Mud stove - makes you grateful for what you have, doesn't it?!?

3 comments:

Brandi said...

wow Tay, what an adventure. That is so exciting that you got to do that and I hope that you had a great time. Also congrats to both of you on graduating.

Kent and Heidi said...

I'm so glad that you updated your blog!! I love the facelift, the pictures and info. I love how you pointed out that Taylor was the one in red, but really, he was the only white boy in the picture (he stuck out like a sore thumb)!

Shani said...

I am so glad you decided that blogging is a priority. Fine work on the updates. And I love the new background.